Subsidized Revisit Korea Tours Expanded
The Republic of Korea (ROK) subsidized "Revisit Korea Tours" will be expanded in 2016. In addition, "Korea Defense Veterans" will be eligible to submit applications. "War"
veterans will still have the first priority. However, as the war veterans age, "Defense Veterans", those classified as having served in Korea from Oct 16, 1954 to the present, will be eligible
In view of this major change, we are lowering the required tour deposit from $450.00 to a non-refundable sum of $50.00 per person. This will permit us to build
up a larger inventory of veterans desiring to "Return". When the monthly quotas are received from the ROK Minister of Patriots and Veterans Affairs, (MPVA), usually in February, we will notify
"those registered" of the options, by month. If the “War” veterans slots cannot be filled, we will then offer them to the "Defense" veterans, that have pre-registered. This will be done on a
"First come" basis. At that time, the balance due of $400.00 per person for administration, logistics and insurance will be due, and the veteran(s) will be billed.
please read carefully, all other eligibility requirements regarding health insurance, service "In, over, or around" Korea, etc., will remain applicable and can be read on the NEW Revisit Korea
registration form in The Graybeards magazine, or at: www.KWVA.org or www.miltours.com.
Note: Veterans that have previously registered with
a $450.00 deposit, will have the first priority.
You can read a history of the KWVA
Revisit Korea Tours by clicking here (PDF File).
Announcing the 2015 Peace Camp For Youth
21–28 June or 22–29 July 2015
With the 65th Anniversaries of the Korea War entering its first year, the Republic of Korea (ROK) government has made the decisions to once again commemorate not only the
veterans and their contributions to saving their country from Communism, but to welcome veteran’s grandchildren to Korea on a very special program in June and July. Called "Peace Camps for
Youth" (PCFY), this program was a huge success in 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2014 and we have quotas to continue the program next year.
General information & requirements:
- Participant must be a Grandchild or Great-grandchild of a Korean War Veteran in a college program.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old (waivers for 17 year-old high school graduates.)
- Grade Point Average of 2.5 required.
- Be in "relatively" good health since some physical hiking/walking is involved.
- Have a current passport.
- Their are thirty quotas and it will be first come, first served. The groups will have a tour escort.
- All expense's for the grandchild while in Korea, will be paid for by the ROK government. (Double occupancy) Each participant will receive subsidized air to Korea. (The ROK
Government will pay a 50% portion of the roundtrip airfare.)
- A service of charge of $450 is required for administrative handling, U.S. tour escort, ticketing, health and disability insurance (required by the ROK government) & hats.
All programs are conducted in English.
Click here (PDF File) for an informational brochure and application.
Sincere and fraternal regards,
Revisit Korea Coordinator
KWVA REVISIT PROGRAM C/O MILITARY HISTORICAL TOURS
13198 Centerpointe Way, Suite 202 ● Woodbridge VA 22193-5285 USA
800-722-9501 ● 703-590-1295 ● FAX 703-590-1292